Thursday 30 December 2010

Belated Day Three and Merry Xmas

I have been busy enjoying a family Xmas break in Wales; sorry for leaving the progress of my Ganny's quilt hanging but finishing it as much as I could turned into a last minute rush.

But this is as far as I got...

Not as big as I thought it would be but it can be used both as a lap quilt and on her bed.  My Ganny liked it, I felt kind of mean taking it away from her but hopefully I'll get this finished by the end of the month.  Having  a nightmare getting hold of the plain red to make the inner border, seems everyone has sold out of it.

Whilst waiting I have been working on my other two quilts in progress.  Re-quilting, and then re-re-quilting, my log cabin quilt - I'm taking a little time getting used to machine quilting.  And I have been trying to make a suitable binding for my neon quilt from the leftover bits of the jelly roll strips.


I think it'll work if I have enough fabric.

No comments: