Saturday 18 January 2020

First FNSI of the Decade - Results

I only had a couple of hours to dedicate to sewing this Friday but I think I made the most of it. 

I decided to work on my Mini Pumpkins Quilt from Cluck Cluck Sew; she was also the designer of the Slam Dunk Quilt. There's a lot of 1 inch and 1.5 inch pieces so I was nervous that it would be very fiddly.


Not the case at all. 


The pieces flew together and even lent themselves to chain piecing. 


This was the results after two hours of sewing (and snooker watching) - 8 leaves, 8 big pumpkin bodies and 4 stripey blocks destined to become pumpkin bodies. 

I'm really enjoying this pattern, which is lucky as I'm already hoarding orange scraps for a second!

I also managed some rows on my Floozy cardigan after dinner. 


Hope everyone else had an enjoyable FNSI. 

7 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Ooooh your cardi is so lovely. Those colours are so perfect together.

Those pumpkin blocks look like such fun. Happy stitching :)

Maria said...

Your pumpkins are growing quickly and the cardigan is beautiful.

Raewyn said...

Amazing how much we can get done once we set our mind to it! The pumpkin blocks are very cute, and your cardigan is gorgeous!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love all your pumpkin blocks...well done! Your cardigan is lovely x

Susan said...

Love the colours of your cardigan...those pumpkins will be lovely.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous cardigan.

Bethan said...

A very productive FNSI. Those blocks look great. More or less fiddly than the slam dunk ones? x