Saturday 4 January 2020

12 Things in 2019 - End of Year Summary

At the beginning of the year I joined in a challenge to complete 12 craft projects in 2019.

My list of projects was as follows:

1. Highland cushions (sewing)
2. Xmas quilt 1 (sewing)
3. Xmas quilt 2 (sewing)
4. Hue Shift Afghan (knitting)
5. Colourwork stocking (knitting) 
6. CBTL (crochet)
7. Floozy cardigan (knitting)
8. Keep It Simple Shawl (knitting)
9. Hat (knitting)
10. Cat quilt (sewing)
11. Scheepjes Shrug (crochet)

12. Sparkle Punch Quilt (sewing)

It turns out it was quite an optimistic list. 
I completed 4 of the projects:

The Keep It Simple Shawl 

CBTL 

And Xmas quilts 1 and 2.

I also made progress on three other projects:



The Floozy cardigan, the Sparkle Punch Quilt and the Hue Shift Afghan (photo is my progress on the third quarter). 

Looking back to create this summary it's become clear that I didn't focus solely on the 12 Things. I've also finished a baby quilt, another CBTL, the Slam Dunk Quilt and a pair of socks this year and fiddled about with two EPP projects and made some tentative steps in clothes sewing. 

Do I have a favourite Thing? Nope, I'm the kind of person that my favourite thing is my current WIP or latest finish, often both. Having said that I'm enjoying the Hue Shift Afghan more than I expected to when I first received the kit. 

I've kind of enjoyed having a set list to work from, but I've also found myself feeling a bit pressured to complete more (12 Things feel like you should finish a project a month) . I think I will challenge myself to get things done next year, but not set myself a fixed number, more of that in another post. 

2 comments:

Bethan said...

Great finishes, and it's good that you made a dent in some other projects, even if you didn't finish them. You've got a lot done, both on the list and off it x

Unknown said...

That's awesome progress :-) don't be hard on yourself, don't forget you have a life to live as well xx