Saturday 25 August 2018

No rest for the knitted...

...or for those who have a huge queue of knitting projects to do.

RBTL is finished but I'm straight on to the next project.


This is another which has been a WIP for a good while. But it is quick to knit, even if it's taken me a little while to get used to the aran yarn.


The square is from this book. I'm not knitting every square in the book. The eventual Afghan is for my mum and she has chosen 10 designs she likes, we've split them between us and we're going to knit each one in three shades of blue.


They are knitted in Aran from New Lanark Wool. The colour is beautiful, the dark blue has threads of lots of other colours in it, almost jewel like.

My plan is to alternate each square with other small knitting projects, such as a single sock, to stop it becoming another epic knit.

1 comment:

Bethan said...

Such a cool idea. I like the patterns so far x