Thursday 2 August 2018

A Crafter's Holiday

We've just returned from a few days in Fife, visiting my sister and mum. Unusually for me I haven't taken any scenic photos. 

My sister, being a true crafter, decided that during our trip to the nearby coastal towns of Crail and Anstruther (both worth visiting if you're in the area) we should go to Pittenween and visit her favourite yarn shop. (Luckily for those in the group not interested in knitting Pittenween is another cute fishing village).


The Woolly Brew was not the largest yarn shop but really well stocked. I got somewhat distracted by the sock yarn but I did notice a good selection of patterns, a wall full of yarn other than 4 ply sock, gifts for knitters and knitting tools. What I really liked was how there was a pattern available, often through Ravelry, for every item on display.

On hearing about the shop I decided I would just look as I have plenty of yarn...

...

...

...of course once I got there I totally changed my mind.


It started off with the bottle of Eucalan, as I'd been looking for some anyway. Then before I knew it I had the two skeins of Socks Yeah, which I had seen on the internet and thought I would buy some someday. And then there was a lovely scarf which we all admired and suddenly the Zauberball became an essential. Lovely shopping trip though and beautiful yarn. Hopefully I'll get chance to visit again.


I thought that'd be the end of my crafty purchases but no, in St Andrews a compendium of quilt blocks called to me.

And the in the beer shop (another interest not often mentioned on this blog), I spotted this...


...and just couldn't resist!

1 comment:

Bethan said...

I love the green of the wool! So bright x