Tuesday 13 March 2012

The Continuing Tale of the Mystery Blanket

I finally bit the bullet a few days ago and attempted my second square for the DA MB 2012.  The intarsia had been scaring me but the realisation that if I didn't get a move on this would quickly become a large, and expensive, UFO spurred me on.
I picked an easy intarsia square to start on and it quickly and satisfyingly came together well.  I then had a bit of a pause when faced with the challenge of how to pick up the stitches to start the orange square, but as you can see I have overcome this too.  The third square in this strip shouldn't cause me any pauses (fingers crossed!).


2 and a half squares out of 49 completed! (I don't actually have the materials or instructions for all 49 squares yet so its not quite as bad as it sounds)

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

Wow... so beautiful and very intriguing... certainly an adventure!