Monday 20 June 2011

Successful Weekend

Well as well as relaxing and moving my lounge furniture around I got a pleasing amount of sewing done.  I was hoping to have sewn the pinwheels together by Sunday evening but I got a little distracted by the tv and had a few layout dilemmas!  When I started trying to sew the pinwheels together I realised I was getting a little  dozy.


Anyway the layout I'm going with (as I have already sewn together 5 pinwheels) is...




It's based strongly on a free pattern from the Fat Quarter shop.  It's destined to be a baby quilt for the baby of a close friend who has always appreciated bright colours.  Two borders to go and then I'm going to risk some free motion quilting I think.

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Gorgeous.. I love the bright colors... sooo much better for baby's developing brain!

Scotland Trio said...

For Matilda? I love that design and colours too; and you'll be happy to know that I have finally created a blogger account, just got to get posting and uploading pictures!