Wednesday 16 May 2018

An attempt at grow your own

As seen in a previous post I haven't managed to resist the temptation to try and grow things in the glass lean to of our house.  Two things I'm attempting to grow from seed are tomatoes and broad beans.


The taller plants were started in the lean to, the smaller ones were speculatively planted directly in the ground (I'd thought they'd died but apparently not as I've now got too many plants for the space.


These are half of the tomato plants. Although I think I started them a little late they seem to be doing okay. Hopefully they'll start to get chunkier soon, at the moment they appear to be engaged in some sort of who can grow tallest competition.

There's definitely still a long way to go but I'm hoping we'll have a few home gown tomatoes and broad beans by the end.

No comments: