Saturday 30 March 2013

Bath Half Marathon 2013

A very late post but I like using this blog as a record of my running achievements (feel free to skip if you're just here for the craft).

On Sun 3 March I ran the Bath Half Marathon for the second time ever (actually it's only my second ever half marathon). Last year I completed it in, a not hugely impressive, 3 hours 15 minutes. This year I knew I could and had to improve on that. I set myself a target of somewhere between 2 hours 30 and 2 hours 45, knowing the slower time was realistic and the faster time would be a bit of a stretch. The day didn't start well with having to scrape the frost off the car windscreen and feeling frozen for the first mile, but from there on in I had a fantastic run. I'm not the quickest of runners, but I didn't have any need for a walk break, no painful joints (usually around the 8 mile mark my knees and ankles stage a short but noticeable protest) and I was able to overtake other joggers on the short hills (towards the en of last year's race walkers were overtaking me!). And the reward for my efforts - 2 hours 33 mins!!!



Now signing up for the Bristol Half in September and toying with an insane charity fundraising idea for next Spring.

No comments: