Monday 25 March 2013

All a little fishy...

Finally managed to attend the Dancing Koi course at Nimble Thimble. I had originally booked to attend this course in January but due to snow it was postponed, kind of ironic waking up to go to the course on Saturday and finding a good couple of inches of snow had appeared overnight.



Unfortunately I didn't take any in progress shots during the class (really must do that one day). But hopefully you can see a little more detail in this photo.


The class was to teach a machine appliqué technique using bondaweb. Only the fish are complete, I still have the wall hanging to put together. I was intending to give this as a gift but I love the fish so much I'm going to keep it for myself. Gives me an excellent excuse to make some more. I want to use this technique again, I think it might make some cool gently used scatter cushions. I'm also keeping an eye out for other suitable subjects for wall hangers using the technique.

And even better this is another one of my 13 in 2013 projects. I'm on a roll!




No comments: