Saturday 12 March 2022

Getting Crafty in London

I haven't, for obvious reasons, been to London in two years. Although realistically I only went once or twice a year before that - so many other places to visit - but the big city always offers lots of entertainment and interest.

Last weekend The Stitch Festival (previously The Knitting and Stiching Show I think) took place in Islington and my sister and I got ourselves organised enough to visit for the day.

Once we'd worked our way through the hoards of Scouts and Guides (so many of them no idea why) and had a Google Maps fail at finding the entrance rather than following the signpost we made it to the Business Design Centre (a more interesting and attractive venue than it sounded but I still think Alexandra Palace would've been nicer...).


This show was very interesting with sewing, knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, and many more - excellent for the multi-crafter and immensely tempting. 

I went with the aim of finding a pattern to go with some fabric I impulse bought and to take the opportunity of seeing some online retailers and their products in the flesh so to speak.


I'd call this a success, the smock should work with my fabric and otherwise I didn't go too mad and add to my crafting queue. Although I did pick up a heap of retailers cards so when I need to lengthen the queue I'm ready.


Whilst in Islington we paid a quick visit to Loop London to squish some yarn. I was unbelievably restrained there and left empty handed. Lovely shop, just a little busy and I didnt want to carry a bag of yarn around for the rest of the day.


As is traditional for London in the evening I visted a couple of lovely pubs, where I completed avoided the craft beer!

1 comment:

Lin said...

There's nothing like coming out of Ally Pally at the end of the day with a full bag and seeing that amazing view! Haven't been for years and do miss it. However, looks like you had a successful day, enjoy your purchases. xx