Friday 18 March 2022

Finished, Finished, Started

 Yesterday was definitely a good knitting day.


Firstly I got all the ends sewn in on my Foxtails Wrap (WestKnits design). It's confirmed a couple of things - firstly, I enjoy brioche knitting so the brioche sweater I was considering will be a good idea (barring the high possibility of snagging the finished item) - secondly, I don't enjoy knitting long repetitive designs. The pink yarn, from North Shire Yarns, which included silk and cashmere in the mix was wonderful to work with. The grey brushed alpaca from Drops acted as the perfect counterpoint.


The next finish was my third Snuggle Is Real cowl designed by Max the Knitter, this one's for me and given the sudden appearance of warm temperatures (for the UK) next week somewhat seasonally inappropriate. THe body of the cowl was knitted in two limited edition yarns from Giddy Aunt Yarns, lovely to work with I will definitely be ordering more from them. The cowl is lined with yet more Drops Brushed Alpaca.


I enjoyed the Giddy Aunt yarn so much that I used the leftovers in my new project. A pair of two at a time mittens using the World's Simplest Mittens Pattern which is free from Tin Can Knits. Ive been wanting to try two at a time socks for a bit but I thought these mittens might be a easier project to start with.

So all in all a good knitting day.



2 comments:

Lin said...

The foxtails wrap is beautiful, what a lovely design. xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Vicki, seeing your lovely knitted items makes we want to have something on the needles too.