Thursday 24 February 2022

Reverse Yarn Chicken

I understood brioche knitting to be a yarn eater, but now I'm not so sure.


 Five days ago I had the small ball of pink yarn left, I had my next cake of yarn ready to go, but didn't want to have too much of the original skein leftover.  So I worked on paying close attention to the amount of yarn left as I want to join the new yarn in at the start of a row.


Last night, and 28 rows (full two pass brioche rows, so 28 using the pink) I had the small ball of yarn above left. I then managed 2 more rows before finally losing my nerve and joing the new yarn. Wish the grey yarn would take a leaf out the pink yarn's book, it has no staying power and I've had to buy another ball of it as I know my original four won't make it to the end!

No comments: