Saturday 19 February 2022

FNSI - February 22

 It has just taken me too many attempts to write this blog title - I really need to buy myself a calendar!

Wendy of Sugarlane Designs has once again kindly hosted the Friday Night Sew In, a virtual gathering of sewists around the world via blog and Facebook group.

For rthis FNSI I went old school and worked on some quilt blocks. I have been sewing the block for my Meadowland Quilt together individually , and while this has been satisfying I did wonder how long it would take. Yesterday I decided to give batch piecing the remaining 9 a try. 


 I feel its working, though after 3 hours I don't have any finished blocks to show (and the making process isn't particularly photogenic) but I am at the final press and sew stage on all of them. Only one moment of slight panic when I was pressing and decided to put the Flying Geese bits with their respective centres and spent a few minutes thinking I'd sew the wrong bits together, but I'd just paired them up incorrectly so simply solved.

I'd taken the day off work yesterday as I had to spend the morning driving back from a Dinner I'd attended on Thursday night so I had plenty of time around sewing the blocks together to work on a few more (colourful) projects.


I'm playing catch up with last year's temperature cross-stitch but I am determined that this will be the second cross-stitch ever that I fully finish (my sister will probably be glad to hear that as she inherited the last project I lost interest in and it's fundamental counting error!).

I when it was too late to trust myself to sew correctly I moved onto some knitting for a while.

Bit hard to tell but this is destined to become the first half of a pair of fingerless mittens.

If you want to see what everyone else got up to visit the FNSI post on Wendy's Blog.


8 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

You are working on some fun projects. Those heartstopping moments of sewing doubt are very annoying.

Sharm - Country Fragrance said...

Looks like quite a bit accomplished on several fronts!! Looking forward to seeing the mits finished

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You have some lovely projects on the go! I love chain piecing, even though Like you said it takes longer to see a finish :) Your temperature cross stitch is amazing! xx

Maria said...

Happy sewing and even though you can’t see what you’ve been doing it is coming together.
Love those happy houses for your cross stitch temp chart.
Nice bright mittens you’re making.

Susan said...

I love your little houses - what a great idea for a temperature quilt. The climate I live in doesn't prompt me to a temperature project - we just don't have much variation in the temperatures. .jsut as well probably - don't really need a new project! LOve the variegated yarn too.

Raewyn said...

All of a sudden you will have 9 completed blocks - that will be very satisfying! I love your Temperature cross-stitch and it looks like you are over halfway there!

Lin said...

Sounds like you had a profitable time. Batch pieceing always seems a bit non productive but then all of a sudden all the blocks are finished and it was all worth while. Love your temperature stitching and the yarn for the mittens is gorgeous. xx

Fiona said...

I totally adore your temperature cross stitch.... gorgeous
Hugz