Saturday 20 February 2021

February FNSI - Bits and Bobs

 Looking back on what I worked on during last night's FNSI I've realised that I worked on nearly all my WIPs and I did a bit of every craft I do.

Between finishing work and dinner I continued catching up on my temperature cross stitch.


This is based on the Jardin Privé 2020 temperature cross stitch design with the houses indicating the high daily temperature and the roofs the low temperatures. I hadn't realised how low UK winter temperatures were so I need to purchase another colour skein of thread for the missing roofs. I started this towards the end of January, nce ive caught up im hoping to sew a house a day.

After dinner I managed a few rows on my latest sock which is being re-knit due to poor size choices. Luckily the yarn is stunning (dyed by Mothy and the Squid) and I've now memorised the pattern. 


On a Friday evening my partner XBoxes so whilst he did that I started sewing a toilet together for a new dress.


So far so not very exciting but it seems to fit okay. Next step is to carefully follow (puzzle out) the instructions for the sleeve cuffs. The pattern is Marguerite by Sew Over It.

By the time the bodice was sewn together it had gone 10.30pm so I moved on to some simpler crochet while watching a bit of catch up.


I seem to have adopted this technique of butterflying between projects at the moment, keeps my interest although things are progressing slowly - hopefully there will be a rush of finishes all together.

If you want o know what everyone else got up to during their FNSI pop over to Wendy's Blog

5 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Yeah, you worked on lots of projects. It's good to do whatever works best for you. See you next time.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You have lots of lovely projects on the go! Love your temperature cross stitch! xx

Maria said...

Well done on working on sew many different projects..
I love the wee houses for your temperature chart...

Lin said...

I do like your temperature cross stitch - a nice idea and lovely colours so far. Lots of other nice things going on too. xx

Kaisievic said...

Wow! You achieved a lot whilst butterflying! Thanks for the link to the Jardin Prive temperature SAL - I love the houses.