Thursday 1 October 2020

Slipstravaganza MKAL - Nerves

 Probably due to the strangeness of the times I have decided to do something crafty I thought I'd never do again - take part in a mystery knitalong.

I took part in a blanket mystery knitalong in 2012, based on the fact the wasn't a previous blanket of the designer's I didn't like (I even h as d several of their books). Unfortunately even with the money invested in the kit and the many hours spent knitting the blanket squares I've never really liked the blanket and it's ended up unfinished as I don't know anyone personally who would like it. So I decided that taking part in a mystery anything was not for me. 

Until now when I quickly bought the pattern and the necessary yarn for the Slipstravaganza MKAL by Stephen West. 


I've never knitted a WestKnits design but I have been considering them this year. I'd also been following a couple of other MKALs. Other than that I can't really explain my change of heart.

Maybe it was the lovely yarn kits? I had looked at the official kits but with postage and exchange rate they were a little expensive. Luckily the dyer of 4 of the kits - Dusty Dimples - was UK based and so it was possible to get the same yarn direct from her (just without the MKAL goodies).


I have to say I love this yarn and if I don't enjoy the MKAL I'm sure I can put it to good use. As is the case I have had my head turned by other yarn kits that keep popping up but I'm keeping true to my first choice. I'm now nervously/excitedly waiting for the mystery to start on 9 Oct.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you updated. 

No comments: