Monday 14 February 2022

Some Actual Quilt Progress

 I have some garment works in progress and a long list of things I want to make. But after moving my fabric into a new cabinet I've become enthuastic about make some of my lovely colllection into a quilt or two (or...).

First quilt to be made is a Meadowland Quilt as designed by Then Came June (you've probably seen one or two of them on social media).

I had a bundle of fairly recently purchased Cat Tales fabric earmarked for this.


It is so gorgeous and detailed and the colours should go well in my sewing room.


Cutting out took a while. I mistakenly thought that this was the first quilt I'd made from a vairiety of different sized fabrics and then I remebered the pumpkin quilt and the basketball quilt. 


Next step was deciding which fabrics to use in each block, I took the don't over think it approach to this and hopefullt each combo is unique but if not life's too short to worry.


Three bloks complete so far and I'm liking how they look.


I especially like this block above as all the black cats in the diamond are miraculously the right way up.

Just 9 more blocks to go.

No comments: