Saturday 26 February 2022

Bits and Pieces

 

- I've swatched for my next knitting project, Tree Tram Tro by Kate Davies (not a Ravelry link), with West Yorkshire Spinners BFL DK. I think I've got gauge though I'm not too sure that the fabric is quite as I like it, it seems a little loose.

- I have seven skeins of the BFL so I probably either need to start liking the fabric or come up with an alternative pattern for it.

- Either way I'm fighting the urge to take the yarn and pattern with me on my work trip next week. I'm sure I should take one or two of the things I have in progress. I'm trying to figure out if I am someone who can have five WIPs.


- I also made cookies, NYC Cookies from the Jane's Patisserie book. SO glad for a well stocked baking cupboard as they were a spur of the moment decision. Very tasty and large. Rather than baking all eight I just cooked two and froze the remainign dought as they can be cooked from frozen. The only thing I would change is to squash them flatter prior to cooking.


- I finished the remaining Meadowland Quilt blocks last night and I think I've decided on a layout. I love the finished look of this but I think I'm definitely a person who prefers a squarer quilt.

- Hopefully the planned backing fabric (which I have had for years) is big enough, probably should check that along with ordering some batting.

- I wish Blogger had a spell checker, although I am glad it doesn't have an auto-correct!


1 comment:

Fiona said...

You have a lovely assortment of projects..... thanks for your comment on my blog - came through as no reply but glad I found a way to visit...
Hugz