Sunday 16 January 2022

What about the KALs?

 I posted last Autumn that I was going to join in with Joji Locatelli's Fall KAL and also with Stephen West's Mystery KAL. Joji's had a six week window in which to complete a Joji designed item; the MKAL was being released over 4 weeks but with no completion deadline.

So how did I do?

Well both items have been finished, but not until last week.

As I was knitting a Susurrus sweater, by Joji, for my mum for Xmas I decided to make that my entry for the Joji KAL.


 I was able to give my mum the sweater to open on Xmas day (without a waistband as we needed to check it for length) but I was nowhere near the KAL deadline.


The MKAL took second place to the sweater, for obvious reasons, but that was finished apart from the blocking, on 6 Jan and even though the Mystery aspect makes me nervous I love the finished item...but I am definitely not taking part in the 2022 MKAL, too many other things I want to knit.

And I still have the KAL bug as I am now taking part in the Yarniacs Self Indulgent KAL - more about that soon.

No comments: