Saturday 20 June 2020

June FNSI

I've finally managed to join in with FNSI again after quite an absence and to celebrate I had a multi-crafting evening. 

First up was a quick scone baking session. 
During lockdown, when flour and egg availability have permitted (these have been hard to find items in my local supermarkets for the past 3 months but that seems to be ending) I have been trying out recipes from the National Trust scone book. 


I've generally only made half batches as there's only two of us. So far every recipe has been a success, I've mostly been baking the savoury scones as we watch out sugar intake, although the odd sweet one slips in and I'd really like to try some chocolate ones. And as we don't eat them all at once they've been stored in the freezer with no ill effects.

Tonight's batch were red pepper, onion and cheese and the little taster scone I made with the scraps was lovely. 

After the baking I moved onto knitting, whilst advising my boyfriend who was playing a Zelda computer game.


I am starting to make better progress on a colourwork sweater which has been suffering due to my not paying it full attention. As I'm currently working with 350 stitches I only achieved about a row but any progress is good progress.

When my boyfriend moved onto online gaming with his mates I moved onto my sewing machine in another room. I did have high hope of getting quite a bit done but my machine had other ideas. I did get the quilt binding I'd planned to do sewn on one side of my quilt, but thanks to jammed and broken needles caused, I think, by my walking foot loosening the needle's screw this took me the best part of 2 hours.


But it was all attached and trimmed by bedtime so I'm calling that a success FNSI. 

What did everyone else get up to? Head over to Wendy's Blog to find out. 

6 comments:

Susan said...

Wow - a whole book of scones?? the latest sound lovely - probably good for a breakfast/brunch or mid morning snack.
Good, you persisted with the binding - now some hand sewing!

Cheryll said...

The Book of Scones sounds wonderful... & a good idea to try savoury as well.
I love the knitting pattern so far... it also will be gorgeous once finished.
It was NiCe to meet you too... ( from FNSI)... xox

Sharon Kwilter said...

It feels good to get to the binding stage. Congrats!

Maria said...

What a lot of delicious scone recipes in the book..
One row of the knitting is great as I couldn't do that...
Pleased you finally sorted the machine and got the binding done.

Raewyn said...

You got plenty done in your evening but wht a bumma your machine got all jammed up - a good note to finish the night on though, getting it sorted! A whole book on scones sounds delicious - I have a tried and true and very quick way of making cheese scones so haven't tried anything fancier. Your knitting looks amazing!

Bethan said...

The chocolate ones are nice - though I need to perfect the marshmallow and chocolate ones a little more. Glad you managed to get the binding on in the end