Saturday 16 November 2019

November FNSI

A short report on my FNSI progress for this month due to a 50% success rate. 

I planned to start my FNSI early by quilting my second Xmas quilt on my Cotton Orchard frame. 


Unfortunately I instead found out what happens when you thread you machine slightly incorrectly and ignore the odd noise it's making instead. Lots of loopy thread on the back meant that my quilting afternoon changed into an unpicking afternoon. 

A break for dinner and then onto my second planned project (ignoring the remaining unpicked stitches in my Xmas quilt for a while). 

Second project was a quilt for my brother in law for Xmas. This has been causing me a few snags due to some inaccuracy early on. Luckily, except for having to reinforce some very skimpy seam allowances, this one behaved beautifully.

The blocks went from... 


to... 


I also got white borders on two other blocks and the green borders on the remaining 4 blocks. 
Pleasing for three hours work and no sign of a quick unpick! 

Thanks to Wendy for hosting, if you want to see what everyone else got up to visit her blog HERE


5 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Oh dear. I think that we have all been guilty of ignoring annoying noises that we wished would just go away only to find that they had a meaning. Good luck with the rest of the unpicking.

Lin said...

Such a shame about the unpicking! At least you salvaged the day with your second project - those blocks look stunning with the white sashing. xx

Susie H said...

Yay! Great job on Project #2. I admit to hating the necessary unpicking but we all know that it must be done sometimes.

Anonymous said...

The basketball quilt is looking good!

Raewyn said...

Oh my goodness.... what a shame about all that unpicking!! Hope it's done by now and you're on the home straight now. The blocks for your BIL's quilt look great - they will make a fun quilt.