Thursday 5 September 2019

Racing the Train

In mid August I took part in a slightly unusual running race - Race the Train in Tywyn.


It's a trail run in mid Wales with varying distances available. I opted for the 10k as I can't run 14 miles on roads let alone over Welsh hills.


A narrow gauge train, liked the one photoed, sets off at the same time as the runners and the aim is to beat it. 

With a predicted train arrival time of 55 minutes I didn't think I'd have a chance to beat it and I was right, finishing almost 25 minutes after the train. So I'm running it again next year to see if I can get closer! There are definitely areas where I could have gone quicker or at least got through the crowd faster and with a bit more training (!) who knows. 


View over a small piece of the mid Wales coastline just because. 

No comments: