Friday 23 August 2019

Beginnings of a Floozy

Don't panic I haven't changed the purpose of this blog - Floozy is a cute cardigan designed by Truly Myrtle Designs. 

I got fascinated by it towards the end of last year but have waited a while to start it as I have been losing weight and didn't want to knit it and then find it was too baggy. 


The cardigan is knitted in 4 ply, the recommended yarn was something beautiful from Nez Zealand but as I haven't knitted an item of clothing (excluding socks) in forever I thought I'd go for something a bit cheaper. I could always try again in a more luxurious yarn if it all went well, you can't have too many cardis! Almost forgot, the yarn I'm using is Cascade Heritage.


After being very good and making a swatch, and after tracking down the right sized needles (Knit Pro Zings, if you're wondering) I cast on.  The cardigan is knit top down so the photo above is of the yoke. 


After two weeks this is what I have. In reality this is probably about 5 evenings of knitting as its my weekday project and I've been away during the last fortnight. The true colour is probably closer to this photo. I did have a wobble about my colour choices as the dark purple is supposed to be a pop of colour, but I think they work. The next one can be in more poppy colours! 

1 comment:

Fiona said...

that looks so pretty..... I have never knitted on the round needles like that.... looks so cool...

Hugz