Sunday 17 March 2019

FNSI Results - January

This month's FNSI was set to be really enjoyable as my sister (Crafting Ramble) is staying with me for a girls weekend. Unfortunately due to post work and post travel tiredness (and an inclination to chat) we had to delay our FNSI to Saturday afternoon... hopefully this still counts in some way.



It definitely paid off for us as we got a heap done in the time we sewed. I was making a real effort to move on the top of the Sparkle Punch Quilt (probably something to do with the fact its for my sister!), it's also starting to feel close to done. To make this top I sew the previously made squares into short rows, these rows then make 16 blocks which get sewn together to make the top.

So first step, squares into strips...



Then a bit of pressing and figuring which way the seams need to go so the butt up against each other, then onto the blocks...


I just have one more to make and then I can construct the bottom half of the top (the top half was finished last year). It's really great that I'm getting on with this as, at a rough guess, this quilt has been a WIP for five years!

What did everyone else get up to for FNSI? 

3 comments:

Maria said...

That's what I did this week also as I'm visiting my DD. it definitely worked for you as you put together a great top.
Pleased you had fun with your sis.

Susie H said...

So nice to stitch with virtual friends but even better stitching with an actual person! Enjoy your sis, I wish I was sewing with mine!

Sam I Am...... said...

Gorgeous quilt! I'm glad I'm not the only one has long term WIP's! LOL! BTW, I also got interested in creating when I was quite young when someone gave me one of those knitting spindles. I wish I still had it. Now I do the same thing with knitting needles and they call it an I cord.