Thursday 23 August 2018

Ely Cathedral

Whilst at Festival of Quilts I saw a couple of beautiful quilts which reminded me I'd forgotten to share the pictures from a recent (ish) visit to Ely Cathedral.

First the quilts:


Memorial, Ely Cathedral - Magenta Kang

Ely Cathedral - Magenta Kang

I've only just realised they were made by the same person. Interesting concept making two quilts on the same subject, guess you could do similar with different colourways of the same quilt design...my brain is whirring!

Anyway back to the photos. We visited Ely in May right at the start of the amazing hot and sunny spell we've recently enjoyed.  I didn't know what to expect but the cathedral was beautiful...





Definitely worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

2 comments:

Bethan said...

Great photos of the Cathedral. I think the second quilt is my favourite one x

Laura said...

I have never been to this cathedral, and not likely to...at least in my near future. Thank you for sharing the photos!