Sunday 24 June 2018

Quilts are like buses...

...you wait ages and then three come along at once .

I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost a month. A combination of a holiday, family stuff, DIY and not taking photos has led to the break. I have been knitting and sewing when I can though. Still working my way through the RBTL wrap, still enjoying it luckily.

I have also been sewing and failed miserably to keep my self imposed one project at a time rule.


The Sparkle Punch quilt is coming on well, Elizabeth Hartman's construction instructions limit the number of seams to be matched in one go (lucky asvseam matching is a skill I don't really have yet). Ordered some quite loud backing fabric for this from Quilt Sandwich in hopes of finishing it soon.

I have also been commissioned to make a baby quilt for my partner's great niece


Not the best photo but fortunately I had these blocks already lurking in my stash so this will be a quick finish, hopefully next weekend.

And finally if I hadn't got enough to do I decided I needed to make a jelly roll race quilt.


I can't say too much about this, as it's meant as a surprise gift. I was a bit optimistic about how long the top takes to construct and then panicked slightly just before the last join that the top was going to be a funny size, but all seems well so far.

1 comment:

Bethan said...

Great progress on all 3. I love the dragon fabric on the jelly roll quilt x