Saturday 15 October 2011

The Postman Calls...

And left...

 A very bright, somewhat squishy and fairly heavy parcel.  Looked like my fabric order from Hancocks had finally arrived.

I'd spotted Julie Paschkis' Catkin range (to the left of the picture) ealier in the year and had fallen in love with it.  But I patiently waited until free shipping appeared at Hancocks and pounced.  I've treated myself to pretty much half a yard each of the whole range (although I'm sill waiting for three back ordered fabrics with crossed fingers).  I haven't quite decided what to make with the fabric (so possibly I shouldn't have bought it) but it'll definitely be a quilt for me.   To make up the minimum spend amount for the free shipping I added the red fabrics (to the right of the photo) to the order.  These are eventually destined for a scrappy red and cream Farmer's Wife Quilt. I was amazed, even taking into account exchange rate and the commission for using me credit card on an overseas purchase how cheap the fabcric worked out compared to uk prices.  Add in the pretty quick service and I think I'll be taking advantage of this fabric shop again.

(Apologies for the slightly poor photo quality - I've had to use my I Pod as I don't have my camera with me.  Though I do think it makes a fair substitute)

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

I love seeing those bright yellow packages on my doorstep....

You got some very nice fabrics there!