Saturday 18 April 2020

Pretty Much Finishes

(Just don't ask about the ends) 
(Or blocking). 

Not much blogging happening recently but Ive actually been doing a fair amount of crafting and have some real progress to share. 

Firstly the Floozy cardigan is off the needles. 


Just requiring blocking, a couple of gaps tidying up and then I have to source buttons. As I don't think there are any button shops near where I live the current necessity to buy them online is normal. Never had to buy buttons for a garment before so I'm having a bit of a dilemma, I think I've found some suitable grey ones but am also tempted by pale lilac. I can see a button box starting. 

Next up the Hue Shift Afghan is finished. 


I needed it over my legs for a couple of evenings and can confirm that it is nicely heavy and cosy. One day I might sew the ends in!

And another one. The pumpkins mini is also done, completely, ends and all, and hung up. 


I'm definitely a convert to mini quilts and am having a think about what else could be hung on this wall as a seasonal swap over. 


I also finally used my Westerlee/Sew Easy quilting ruler for the first time on an actual project and really pleased with the outcome. 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Pretty cardigan and lovely bright afghan..
Cute mini pumpkin too.

Unknown said...

Amazing work 😍
So good to see things getting finished.
I bet you have been doing a ton of other bits and pieces too xx

Rachael said...

The afghan looks great!