Thursday 7 March 2019

Two Tunnels - a race without jelly rolls

The subject of this post hasn't made an appearance on this blog for a long while...for once not crafting but running. 

Last weekend I took part in the Two Tunnels 10k, my first running race in forever, well at least four years. 


The damp weather made for an interesting start and finish in a playing field on a hill above the main route, but once we'd escaped from the field the rim was great.  The Two Tunnels route follows an old railway line (possibly something to do with Isambard Kingdom Brunel - a lot of them are round that area!) which has been nicely resurfaced for pedestrians and cyclists. It gets its name, unsurprisingly from the fact it passes through two railway tunnels, the second one being a mile long. It's a route I know well as I used to live nearby and run on it regularly.


I finished in a decent time for me and enjoyed being out there. I definitely think I shouldn't wait another four years to do my next race.

No comments: