Sunday 28 October 2018

Pride leads to an upside down block!

I've decided to make another quilt ( for my friend's new son not just because...I'm not a quick enough quilter for just because quilts) and after a long search for the right fabric (Stellar Baby by Moda) I remembered a nice simple layer cake pattern from Missouri Star Quilting Company. I've used the Double Slice Layer Cake blocks for a couple of other baby quilts and they give a pleasing random design while showing off the fabrics. I also remembered them as being quick and easy to put together.

So off I went...

...And then found out my phone has eaten my sewing in progress photo...

Nonetheless chain piecing went well. I knew the next steps so went ahead and sewed more pieces together. Thinking the only difficulty was maintaining randomness. I was wrong...

...Another eaten photo...

My favourite blocks were the wrong way round. Time for a bit of resewing and the slowly growing feeling this quilt is going to be a problem.


Hopefully all the snags have been worked out and I'll be able to complete this quilt smoothly from here.


2 comments:

Bethan said...

It looks really good - great fabric choice x

Laura said...

You know that Squared Away Sampler quilt that I am working on? Twice I have had to redo sashing star points for the exact same mistake! You would think I could learn the first time but, apparently, I am a slow learner. :)