Thursday 28 September 2017

An early quilt top...unsurprisingly unfinished!

So in checking my blog for whether I'd ever mentioned this quilt top before I learnt a few things:

1. I make a lot of kindle covers (not all for other people, I think I've lost two so far)

2. I'm rubbish at finishing things, my early to-do lists seem to contain projects which are still in progress 

3. I need some quality control on my blog as I've posted about the same thing twice at least once (if that makes sense).

Anyway the point of today's post is the dilemma I'm having over an unfinished top. My very first quilting class was how to make a french braid, or at least that was the outcome of it. Which I then made in to a top. Unfortunately my choice of fabrics as based on a random jelly roll I'd picked up some time before and to tell the truth I'm not madly keen about the colours.


The top consists of four columns of braid and a fairly large quantity  of the border fabric - it seems I always had a taste for large quilts!

I feel bad leaving this top unfinished and I really can't bring myself to bin it, so I am going to finish it and them decide it's fate. At the moment I'm leaning towards donating it to Project Linus or a charity raffle prize but we'll see.  Judging on my past abilities to finish things that decision will be way off in the future!

3 comments:

Bethan said...

Is this the quilt you were looking for binding for?

Vicki said...

Yes it is

Laura said...

I think this quilt can make someone very happy!