Saturday 20 August 2022

FNSI - Best Laid Plans

 Actually despite the title I didn't deviate too much from my planned FNSI.

I had Friday afternoon off work so amongst running a couple of errands I manged to start crafting early in the day.

I got totally sucked in by a cross stitch which hadn't received much love recently.


I probably need a larger frame for it, as I'm having to move my round one frequently as can be seen from the creases. I think its called Mini Christmas Patchwork and there's a chance it might be complete by Xmas. 

I finally got round to seeing in the threads on a t shirt I have recently seen. 

Then I moved onto cutting up strips for my low volume scrappy trip around the world quilt. 


I think I need to cut 38 far quarters into 2.5 inch strips to have enough to make blocks for a king size bed. I'm a few fat quarters short, but I have enough to keep me busy. 

And this is the point my plans changed.  I had intended to have dinner and then continue pressing and cutting fabric, maybe sew in the threads on a pair of trousers and then knit. 
What actually happened was an impromptu trip to a couple of bars in Cheltenham.  A very enjoyable distraction, but we were back early enough (and sober enough) for a few rows of knitting for me and a bit of X Box for my partner.

All in all I think I had a bumper FNSI. 

If you want to see what everyone else got up to pop over to Wendy's blog Sugarlane Designs

6 comments:

Maria said...

Look forward to seeing the cross stitch grow.
Lovely Blouse and you got plenty done on the low volume project too.

Fiona said...

Sounds like a fun evening.... I'm looking forward to seeing your low volume quilt grow...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Even with the distraction you did manage some progress.

Jeanette said...

Your cross stitch looks interesting.

Lin said...

I think you were very busy and deserved your evening out! xx

Susie H said...

Sounds like you had a great Friday to me! You managed some sewing, knitting, and getting out to a pub or two. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! hahaha! It was nice getting with you last Friday night!