Tuesday 19 April 2022

Long Weekend FNSI

 This month's FNSI took advantage of the long Easter weekend (four days in the UK) which meant that I had plenty of opportunity to join in with the fun over the weekend, when I thought I would miss April's FNSI.

A random selection of crafts were undertaken...


Serious progress has been made on the temperature cross stitch, byt the end of the weekend I was only a day or two off November which means I have less than 70 motifs to go (still sounds like a lot but definitely decreasing). I'd like to get this finished soon so I can start on one of my other cross stitch projects - for a non-cross stitcher there is quite a queue of projects appearing!


I put some time in on my Tree Tram Tro slipover. I'm using this to practice cabling without a cable needle which is working well until I need to undo a mistake and then things get very fiddly (and usually require a cable needle.

And I even managed to fit in some block sewing prep.


These are destined to become a mini Sparkle Pow quilt (designed by Elizabeth Hartmann), hopefully they acieve their destiny faster than the fabric I cut out for my first Sparkle Pow quilt!

2 comments:

Maria said...

You sure did work on a variety of projects .
Your temperature cross stitch is lovely and your used a pretty colour yarn for the knitting .
Great to have also done some cutting over the weekend.

Raewyn said...

It must feel so good to have made such good progress on your Temperature x-stitch project - it's looking great. Your 'cabled' knitting is a gorgeous colour - that's a lovely design.