Saturday 2 October 2021

All the KALs

 It seems the Autumn is the season of knitalong and it also appears that I am being the ultimate joiner this year.

It all started with Joji Locatelli's Fall KAL, the aim of which is to knit any of Joji's patterns in six weeks (it has been 3 months in previous years) and if you were really ambitious you could sign up for more that one pattern.

This coincided nicely with my plan to knit a Susurrus Sweater for my mum for Xmas, a little extra incentive to get it started is no bad thing.



The photo shows my progress after one week, I suspect I won't have a finished object by the end of the KAL but I'll be on the way and I'm not knitting this sweater purely for the chance of winning prizes.

With the sweater planned there was no way I was going to sign up for Stephen West's Shawlography Mystery KAL but it would be interesting to follow the Ravelry forum and it couldn't hurt watching his intro video...


And then I had chosen my perfect yarn set (which can't be captured accurately by my phone camera it would appear). Looking forward to the first clue being released next Friday.

And finally, and technically not in the Autumn so I do have some breathing space, there the Yarniacs Podcast Self Indulgent Knitalong which starts 21 Dec. I haven't got photos oh my yarn but I know I'm going to knit the Flying Foxtails Wrap by Stephen West in a beautiful silk mix yarn from North Shire Yarns, in a colourway called Victoria, with a grey bushed alpaca silk from Drops - feels like a very self indulgent mix.

Looks like I've got my big knitting items planned till post Xmas! 

1 comment:

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog