Saturday 17 July 2021

July FNSI - All the colours!

 I am actually in the process of making a quilt for the first time in ages (possibly a year), so as the intended recipient has been born I thought it would be an ideal thing to continue with this FNSI (my new baby quilts are always a little late!).


I started off with a pile of blocks


Which required the odd correction as I added to them

Which eventually became pinwheel the majority of which I sewed into rows and I even managed to sew somd of the row together. 

I was fairly close to finishing this part of the quilt, which will have borders added, but as the night wore on the concept of nesting the seams became more and more tricky for me to achieve, so I decided to come back to it another day. The pattern is the Pinwheel Pindot Quilt which is a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop's website. 

I semm to have a few very colourful projects on the go at the moment and to fill the time before bed I picked up my newest and currently most addictive one. 


This is the Bubbles and Brioche Shawl by Stephen West which I am mostly using leftovers from other projects to knit. 

If you want to find out what everyone else got up to during this month's FNSI visit Wendy's blog Sugarlane Designs to find links to everyone else's blogs. 


4 comments:

Maria said...

The pretty pinwheels will become a sweet baby quilt and the crochet project is lovely.

Fiona said...

What pretty colours in your pinwheel quilt.... so lovely. I can see why you are addicted to that knitting... it looks so clever and effective.... must need a bi t of concentration...
Hugz

Sharon Kwilter said...

Both projects are looking lovely.

ButterZ said...

Your pinwheel blocks are very soft colours and perfect for a baby. Your shawl is a very bright interesting project.