Friday 2 April 2021

Baking - Part 1

 I enjoy baking but it's not something I do often (especially over the last year) as there's only two of us to eat the outcome. However I've recently started dabbling in bread making. I had succumbed to the sourdough trend but unfortunately my starter has recently expired and I'm yet to start a new one. We decided that we wanted bread for lunch last weekend so I dug out one of my baking books (Paul Hollywood's How To Bake if you want to know) and had a go at a white loaf.

Previous attempts at bread baking have left me with yeast scented bricks.


Pleased to report that it wasn't so this time.


Definitely a recipe I'll use again and I'm glad that I hadn't got round to throwing out the book as I'd planned.

More baking opportunities are coming up over the next few weeks so there'll be a few more posts aappearing. 

1 comment:

Bethan said...

That bread looks really good!