Thursday 25 February 2021

Spur of the Moment Project - sort of

 Over the last year or so I have noticed various temperature projects underway, quite a few knitted or crocheted ones and the odd quilted/sewn ones. I have really liked them and wanted to try something similar but couldn't quite find the right thing to make, i didn't want it to be something that just ended up in a cupboard which was likely with blankets and scarves and the idea of making a temperature item that recorded the temps in shades of a colour has only recently become apparent to me, which would have made a quilt an option. Anyway... in my wanders through the internet early this year I came across Jardin Privé who had a couple of cross stitch temperature project designs available and this seemed the perfect option.

As you may be able to tell from the content of this blog I don't cross stitch much, in fact I don't think I've ever completed a cross stitch project that I've started (cue the comment from my sister regarding rescuing a project from my inaccurate counting). So a cross stitch project was the obvious choice.

As I have no cross stitch supplies there was a bit of a delay as I chose fabrics and thread, but I eventually made a start.


And it became apparent from day one that I'd forgot to check how low UK temperatures got in January (the buildings are the daily high temp, the roof the daily low).


But I've persevered and enjoyed the project, sewing a house each morning before work and trying to catch up with the actual calendar in my free time. 
I think this may be the cross stitch project I actually finish (although I'm not sure I'll get round to filling in the doors and windows!). 



1 comment:

Raewyn said...

What a great idea for a temperature project - those houses are very cute - it looks like one that will be easy to keep up with :-)