Saturday 22 August 2020

August FNSI - Multi Crafting

 Not having a definite plan as to what to work on this FNSI I was pleasantly surprised how productive I ended up being.


In the continuing plan of working through WIPs I decided to continue with the toile for a pair of Tilly and the Buttons Jessa shorts (these have been a WIP for a year so far and if I was a betting person I'd say the finished article won't be ready for this summer!) I thought I'd just get the zip fly in. 


But I was wrong... 



... and actually got the toile to a stage where I could try it on for size. It fit. I have decided to stop making the toile at this point, without as waistband and cuffs, as the fabric is horrible to work with (cheap, thin, with a tendency to shrink if ironed), some of my pieces seem poorly cut (or could've been affected by the iron), and I need to re-use the zip from the toile for the actual shorts. Also if I stop here there's a better chance of the actual shorts being finished in 2020!


I then went on to a bit of baking prep. 



 Pasties are the plan for lunch this weekend and the recipe suggested that the pastry was best if left to rest overnight. 


And after all that excitement I even had timeto squeeze in a bit of sock knitting before bed. 


Hope everyone else had a successful and enjoyable FNSI. 

5 comments:

Lin said...

Despite what you say is cheap and nasty fabric you made a great job of putting in that zip! Come on - get those shorts made for the summer! You do have the fabric, right? Lovely sock. xx

Maria said...

You did do a great job of putting in the zip. I always have trouble .
They'll be beaut shorts when you finish them
Pretty start to the sock...

dq said...

I love the color changing stripes up the sock!

You sound pretty planned/organized to make the pastry the day before for chilling! Deciding what to make for dinner is the worst part!

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work on the zip. Something that I avoid doing if possible. Good progress on the sock.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love the knitting project. Your yarns are wonderful. And the shorts are adorable too.