Friday 4 January 2019

The Sewing Cabinet

We've changed the room I sew in into more of a living room and therefore my white IKEA desk and table no longer go.

Luckily this wasn't a spur of the moment change and thought was put into how my sewing stuff could still stay in the room.

Eventually we found a solid wood Horn cabinet on eBay close enough for us to collect.


Luckily it's fitted nicely into an alcove when not in use. The drawers give plenty of storage for all my WIPs including a knitting project.


And it opens out into a useful sewing station with all my notions to hand and space to spread out what I'm working on. All in all I think it's a good swap for the IKEA desk, all I have to do now is find a taller chair, or maybe invest in an insert so my machine is level with the table top, so my working height is correct.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it ❤️

Bethan said...

Smart - it really suits the room x