Wednesday 18 October 2017

Feeling Fruity

My crafting this week seems to have developed a fruit theme (assuming you can call baking crafting). 

I have finally started a project using the RJR Farmer's Market fabric, which I've probably had longer than this blog.


I'd always intended on making something for a dining table for the but wasn't entirely sure about a design. I bit the bullet and cut them into 3.5inch squares which I will use to make a simple table runner (maybe two if I have enough squares).


I love the almost photographic nature of the print.

The other fruit I have been working with is the fruit for a Christmas cake, once again I'm using the Pink Which recipe ... HERE ...tried and tested and all that.



Ideally the fruit has to soak in brandy and sweetened orange juice for six weeks, being stirred daily for the first week - smells amazing! Last year I made my cake very last minute and only soaked the fruit for a couple of days, still tasted good though.

No comments: