Monday 20 August 2012

Festival of Quilts 2012

On Saturday, after a badly planned hair appointment (15 minutes before I'd wanted to be at the festival and over an hour away - I should really check a diary when making appointments!) I set off for the Festival of quilts


There were so many lovely quilts,  I hadn't meant to photo many (especially as I didn't have my camera with me and was relying on an IPod and my phone) but I couldn't resist.

There were wholecloth type quilts...




And lots of variations on log cabin blocks




And some beautiful pictorial quilts...


And so many more.

I also braved the crowds...
...to do a 'little' shopping...
I tried to be restrained, the fabric was all bought for specific projects that already had some fabric allocated at home (all except for the elephant squares and batik fabrics - but after I couldn't resist the elephants I quickly developed a suitable project which needed the batiks!).  The patterns were impulse buys but I know I'll use them all (no detailed pictures of them as they may become presents).  I think, on the whole, considering all the wonderful fabrics available and all the other lovely things, I did quite well.

Already looking forward to next year!

(Makers details and quilt name will be added once I track down my festival program)

No comments: