Wednesday 22 February 2012

First Finishes of 2012

I've finished off both the projects I worked on during the FNSI, which is a nice feeling.


Both finishes were destined for my sewing slave so she got fair recompense for her excellent prepping efforts (and her useful suggestions as to how I could comfortably spend longer pressing on my mini ironing board).
This was a trial run for a wonky star quilt I am planning to make and the first time I have ever sewn a cushion cover.
It is destined to eventually have a twin with a reverse colourway on the front and hopefully a slightly better fitting back.


The second finish was a pair of festive mitts, which knit up quickly and sew together slowly!

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

They both look fabulous! Love the colour and the pattern on the mittens.