Wednesday 21 September 2011

Squishy Loveliness

I adore coming home and find out some yarn I have ordered has been delivered.  Especially when on opening the packaging you are greeted by...

(which isn't quite how it looked as there were a couple of stitch markers attached to the bow but I removed them before I thought to take a photo). 

And then it just gets better and better when you open the package...


All the yarn is from an online shop called Five Moons

The pinky orange laceweight is for a lacy scarf I've bookmarked on Ravelry as I'm really enjoying knitting lace at the mo.  And the mini skeins of double knitting wool is going towards a French knitting project that has been a UFO for 22 or maybe even as much as 24 years and has been worked on by myself and both my sisters (obviously with very short attentions spans) over the years.  Hopefully when my sister comes to visit me in a couple of weeks she'll bring it with her and we can figure out how much more there is to do (and I'll get some photos for the blog too).

3 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What beautiful yarns! And wrapped up so nicely too... something like this is always a day brightener!

Nicole @ Patchwork Duck Designs said...

Ooh, I love those yarns and I don't even knit! Fun squishie!

Scotland Trio said...

He he he! Wonder what 24 year old, french knitting, UFO, carpet-cum-rug you are talking about? Might do some more tonight, and when I'm (*exasperated groan*) 38, it should possibly be done!