Sunday 24 October 2010

And Seize Up!

So my second attempt at the Great South Run took place today, preceded by a week with a stinking cold.  Woke up and felt better than I had done all week, then had the entertainment of melting the ice off my windscreen (hello I'm on the south coast what was that all about??), and managed to find a good parking space and pay for it before my phone conked out.

The day was glorious but set off too nervously because I thought I'd aggravate my cold.  However got into my slow b ut steady rhythm and managed it in 2 hrs 11 mins and a bit.  Unfortunately slower than last year and much slower than I wanted to be, but I DID IT and managed to raise, so far, £250 for Sefarers UK - not too bad all in all.

1 comment:

angela-louise said...

brilliant time on the great south run!! I am currently only dreaming of a time like that! :D Nice running! x